Centre Wellington

Guelph Ontario

The Township of Centre Wellington was formed in 1999 with the amalgamation of the Town of Fergus, Village of Elora and the Townships of Nichol, Pilkington, West Garafraxa and a portion of Eramosa.

Quick Facts

1877 "poor house" transformed into 1975 "Wellington County Museum & Archives", some of the Elora Quarry's limestone cliffs are over 80 feet high, Fergus used to be known as Little Falls

Local Architectural Treasures

Wellington County Museum and Archives

Local Natural Treasures

Elora Gorge, Elora Quarry, Belwood Conservation Area and Lake


Unity is Strength


The Elora Rapids, River Rafting & Tubing, Wellington County Museum & Archives, Grand River Raceway, Elora Gorge, Elora Quarry, Elora Cataract Trailway